Polyphonics OFFICIAL Site Forum Index Polyphonics OFFICIAL Site
The Polyphonics OFFICIAL Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what the hell is wrong with the world!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Polyphonics OFFICIAL Site Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poncho524
ADMIN OF DOOM!!

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: what the hell is wrong with the world!!! Reply with quote

so i'm watching the news. or rather i'm listening to it on in the background. and i hear about the DUMBEST things!

first some stupid hair dresser sues the hosts of some show she was guest on cause they were supposidly being "offensivly sexual"... what the hell! they were prolly just joking around and the dumb chick think that everything is personal... she fricken sues them! arg!

then jay leno makes a joke, A FRICKEN JOKE, about some guy looking like Hiter. so that guy threatens to sue leno, but instead leno appologises on air. i say screw that! if someone can't take a joke i'd tell it again!

heres the worst of all... "bling bling". bling fricken bling. what the hell is that??? well according to the oxford english dictionary, it'll soon mean "jewelry". ok, where the hell did this come from? from americas wonderful hip-hop sub-culture. pretty soon they'll be putting words like "ax" in there ("slang for 'ask'). NO, it's not slang... it's called IMPROPER ENGLISH! this shit shouldn't be put in a DICTIONARY!

man o man...
Jephonics
PolyGroupie

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give the girl a break, maybe these guys were real nasty to her. Too often it is the case that we blame victims, epecially women, when the matter is sex related. Kind of like the women being blamed for rape. However, since we are not involved in the situation, it is hard for us to fully understand what happened. Maybe the men were in the wrong or maybe the woman is falsely accusing them. This is why we have a judicial system to decide these matters.

Free speech is a right protected from the government's hand, but not from the private citizen's. But being physically compared to a dictator who killed eight million is a little annoying. WHo was it anyway?

The Oxford English Dictionary is an institution dedicated to descriptive grammar. All words at one time are considered slang until they make their way into mainstream dialect. It is just the way language operates and develops.

But that is just my two cents.
DngrsDrrn
PolyRockStar

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like the hip-hop subculture already put in they fiddy cent.
PolyRockStar

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 4:07 pm    Post subject: Go Jeff Reply with quote

I agree with Jeff on this one Pat. Who are we to know that nothing/something happened? Speaking as a female...I would hope that people would be open to hear my side of the story, instead of some bitch that just wants money and 15 minutes of fame. BTW: The talk show hosts that are being sued are Tom Arnold and John Sally.

I feel the same way about the Demi Moore issue. I believe it's her assistant that is suing her for the same reasons. It's ironic that she stared in Disclosure (where the female is making advances on the male). Since the role is reversed, should I join most of the population and just say that guy is "too sensitive". "Suck it up guy! You are being hit on by a hot celebrity." Hey I don't know who's at fault. I wasn't there. Leave it up to the Jury.

Because of the Demi Moore case, a radio station asked male listeners to call in if they have been involved with a similar case. There was this guy that called in that worked for one of the auto companies. Apparently his supervisor used to grab his genitals in order for him to do his work. She got fired due to a couple more complaints from other workers. Now that's messed up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
poncho524
ADMIN OF DOOM!!

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Go Jeff Reply with quote

tishtosh wrote:
There was this guy that called in that worked for one of the auto companies. Apparently his supervisor used to grab his genitals in order for him to do his work.

well did she grab them nice and gentle? or hard and mean?
Chase_the_tool
PolyNewb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the admin of doom. It's rather lame i think that because somebody says something you don't like and they have a couple bucks, you just sue them. Quit being sue happy and try and make some of your own money. And if somebody makes you that mad well you can call them a bad name too... whine whine whine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Polyphonics OFFICIAL Site Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: