Polyphonics OFFICIAL Site Forum Index Polyphonics OFFICIAL Site
The Polyphonics OFFICIAL Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

music box gig 8/16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Polyphonics OFFICIAL Site Forum Index -> Band Stuff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poncho524
ADMIN OF DOOM!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 4:48 pm    Post subject: music box gig 8/16 Reply with quote

so we played a show outside the music box this past saturday, and i'll have to say it was a good time. it was a somewhat personal show, and it was nice to see people come out for it. there was a lot of uncertainty if the show would happen for a couple of reasons. one being the recent power outage and the other being the intermittent rain throughout the day. fortunatly neither caused any problems for us.

it was great to not play in a bar for once. it's always fun when you don't leave a gig reaking like stale smoke and having been tourtured with crappy house music.

we played for a good hour and our set included mostly newer songs that will appear on our next cd (due out by the end of the year) as well as a couple covers (including "laid" by James sang by ME )

here's a couple highlights:
- jon trying to set his guitar on fire by taping sparklers to it
- vance trying to blow up the base amp by pouring pepsi on it
- jeff "borrowing" a harmonica in order to play "my name is jonas"
- and well, me... playing drums... yup...

it was also cool to see some faces that we havn't seen before. hopefully they'll stick around for a while and maybe even sign up on our fun forum here.

well i suppose thats it. anyone else have anything interesting to say about it?
dontmesswithsexus
PolyNewb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: WEll i think its just fabulous Reply with quote

I really was happy to see you kids play again before I leave town. I know I've said it 100 times, but you still really never cease to amaze me. I always end up with a smile on my face at your shows. And that HAS to mean something.

But I have this deep seeded fear that you will one day become a statistic like other local/independent bands (who shall remain nameless) and break up after losing interest or.... when a disgruntled somebody steals a PA or something.

Maybe it's because you haven't played a lot of shows this summer. Or whateverrr. But

I dont want to get emotional here... what I'm trying to say is... I will always love you. Like whitney, or dolly even. And I just want to go on being rocked for a while. Is that so much to ask? I dont think it is.

While I'm typing nonsense, I'd like to request a moment of silence for the raccoon Marie and I ran down this evening. You can do it if you want.
For Rocky. Rocky Raccoon. We hit him after dodging his partner Buddy. Life partner, you ask? We may never know. Give it up for Rocky, his hair is stuck in the bumper.

Sorry that was cruel.

We actually searched for his body because we were feared that he might be stuck up under the car. I mean if you heard that thing hit you'd think he'd drop right dead... but we couldn't see a Rocky laying there at ALL. Who knows if he's up under there somewhere. WHO KNOWS

I guess I better cut this off before I have to disable your SMILIES, BIOTCH

ROSSO
psydancerqt
PolyRoadie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:29 pm    Post subject: my thoughts Reply with quote

the most interesting thing about the show was seeing people show up as the show was over..

you guys should get a banner or something to show off who you are. all those people driving down the road had no idea what was going on!

but of course the show was great as they always are...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jephonics
PolyGroupie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah a sign is a good idea it could say "The Polyphonics playing today & Live bait sold here!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Polyphonics OFFICIAL Site Forum Index -> Band Stuff All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: